Remember me? I'm Jonas* and I'd like to (re)submit my application for your new UI Designer position.
We last talked during the winter of 2010.
Here's what I've been up to since.
- FEBRUARYLaunched my inaugural annual report / data visualization, This Ephemeral Year:
- MARCHDesigned and developed a project proposal web app:
- MAYDesigned a new website for Argonne, it will be built next year and looks like this:
- ONGOINGTook on freelance front-end development work for White Whale Web Services in California and HomeMade Digital in the UK.
I helped make projects like this:
- WHENEVERI'm sketching more, reading books, building objects out of wood, entertaining a toddler, and making fun side projects.
Just in case you forgot...
So, why should you consider me for a second time?
After our conversation in December, I acknowledged some of the weaknesses in my experience and began to address them by pursuing new kinds of work.
I partnered with creative agencies, learned more technologies, and honed my design practices — mostly in addition to my full-time gig, where I've also taken on some large projects.
I'm not sure if six months of diligent work will make much difference in my viability as a candidate. At least, I hope it demonstrates that I'm not complacent, and I'm willing to do what it takes.
I already have a lovely job that I enjoy doing, but I don't want to settle for making good things — I want to make amazing things. I still believe I can do that at 37signals.
Want to talk? Here's my email.
Thanks again for your time and consideration!